The Photography of h.butz

Welcome my fringe
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to my public forum. You will have the opportunity to express your feedback, opinions, and ideas. Please do not post links or "check this out" messages as they will be deleted. Use meaningful topics, such as, "Your photographs suck" or, "This website sucks" then provide meaningful feedback explaining why it sucks or I suck, trying not to use the word "suck" because it's a poor reflection on your ability to communicate as the word "suck" is English slang.

If you are a female who wishes to model, be sure to send a few photographs using the link at photos.hbutz.com and fill out an application form at model.hbutz.com Models from the NYC area and Suffolk County are given highest priority.

For those you selling stuff, such as retouching services, hosting, website design, and business promotion of any kind - go away I am not interested.

Registering a username gives you the ability to edit and delete your own posts. As of right now, guest only has the ability to post messages after an obnoxious captcha (sorry) without registering. We'll see how that goes - but, I encourage you to register. Just ignore the bit about, "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, sexually-orientated material..." because I don't care if you post your own photos. Just no "dick pics" - you know who you are.

And, email notification is not working yet. Consider it to be unreliable. If you need to contact me, the best way is via the form on my personal website, contact.hbutz.com

More to come. Play nice.

Update:

I calmed down the captcha to make it easier for you to post... under moderation. I don't have enough visitors to do the whole registered user thing. Guests can post without registering but, yea, that lasted one whole day because of spammers. You can still post messages but they will not be visible until I approve them.

I've added a few BB codes for creating tables and ordered lists, mostly for my own use but table/tr/td/ol/li are available.

Update:

Ok - Guests can not post without registering and can not post messages unless I approve those messages due to spamming. You also need to validate your email address and make your first post within 48 hours or risk having to re-register. This helps me flush out all the fake profiles created by spambots.

Once you make a few posts and we get to know each other, you may post messages without moderation. Filling out your profile helps me to get to know you better. Website? Hobbies and interests?

Update:

I had to disable comments on individual photographs in the galleries due to unrelenting spambots. Don't you people have something better to do? I could start user registration for the galleries comments as well as this forum but I don't have the time to moderate since the galleries are independent. i.e. if you would like to comment on a photo you can copy the filename and create a thread on this forum. Thank-you so very, very much.

Update:

If you have a website link to post, share it only in the thread entitled Guestbook http://www.surrealcinema.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11 but I will delete unrelated links especially those related to drugs and pay sites. If you start a new topic to post a link I will delete your account. I have modified the captcha to a series of questions and answers to reduce the number of spambots getting in. I have resisted the temptation for force people to solve for the fibonacci series and will provide you one hint that coconut is not a musical instrument.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]