Welcome

Play Nice

Moderator: photomaster

photomaster
Site Admin

Welcome

Post by photomaster »

Welcome to my public forum. You will have the opportunity to express your feedback, opinions, and ideas. Please do not post links or "check this out" messages as they will be deleted. Use meaningful topics, such as, "Your photographs suck" or, "This website sucks" then provide meaningful feedback explaining why it sucks or I suck, trying not to use the word "suck" because it's a poor reflection on your ability to communicate as the word "suck" is English slang.

If you are a female who wishes to model, be sure to send a few photographs using the link at photos.hbutz.com and fill out an application form at model.hbutz.com Models from the NYC area and Suffolk County are given highest priority.

For those you selling stuff, such as retouching services, hosting, website design, and business promotion of any kind - go away I am not interested.

Registering a username gives you the ability to edit and delete your own posts. As of right now, guest only has the ability to post messages after an obnoxious captcha (sorry) without registering. We'll see how that goes - but, I encourage you to register. Just ignore the bit about, "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, sexually-orientated material..." because I don't care if you post your own photos. Just no "dick pics" - you know who you are.

And, email notification is not working yet. Consider it to be unreliable. If you need to contact me, the best way is via the form on my personal website, contact.hbutz.com

More to come. Play nice.

Update:

I calmed down the captcha to make it easier for you to post... under moderation. I don't have enough visitors to do the whole registered user thing. Guests can post without registering but, yea, that lasted one whole day because of spammers. You can still post messages but they will not be visible until I approve them.

I've added a few BB codes for creating tables and ordered lists, mostly for my own use but table/tr/td/ol/li are available.

Update:

Ok - Guests can not post without registering and can not post messages unless I approve those messages due to spamming. You also need to validate your email address and make your first post within 48 hours or risk having to re-register. This helps me flush out all the fake profiles created by spambots.

Once you make a few posts and we get to know each other, you may post messages without moderation. Filling out your profile helps me to get to know you better. Website? Hobbies and interests?

Update:

Hey! I'm back. Between the bots, spammers, and php updates the previous forum went down the crapper. I was utterly unable to fix it. The good news is that I'm running the latest updates and will try once again to enable new user registration. Previously the spambots were adding hundreds and hundreds of new users using a variety of attacks. I will try once again to restore the board and allow free speech to talk about art and photography. This will take me a few weeks so please be patient. There are hundreds of settings which were wiped out in the upgrade.

photomaster
Site Admin

Welcome to 2020

Post by photomaster »

I have new user registration functioning once again. I think I lost a few older posts as my previous forum was eaten by spambots and php upgrades. Feel free to register to post messages... you know, assuming you're human.
knru0611a.jpg
knru0611a.jpg (319.98 KiB) Viewed 11213 times
Now, for something completely different. I have returned from the Great White North where I was photographing Niagara Falls in the dead of Winter, in January, during a 3-day blizzard, in 10 degree weather, using FILM - yes, 35mm color film. Look at those colors in a snow storm as I wiped the ice and snow off the front of my lens. I've always wanted to do that.

photomaster
Site Admin

Covid 19

Post by photomaster »

I'm still here and alive, in the heart of the epidemic. Should someone find my lifeless body, please toss my dildo collection into the dumpster on the side of the building.

I have been extremely fortunate. A model of mine arrived 2 weeks ago with a collection of raw, frozen, and pre-cooked meat, pasta, and sauce, some tuna in a can, chicken in a can, a head of fresh broccoli. :lol: I had to purchase toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, and sugar by mail-order due to hoarding. I'm working at home, alone, on my kitchen table.

It's difficult to make light of the situation. Although I can stick my tongue at the grim reaper 8-) and tell him to take his best shot, my neighbors have suffered losses here in New York where it is the worst. Whatever minor adjustments I've made during this time have been nothing at all. My heart goes out to those who are suffering and dying.

I've resurrected my blogger after 11 years sitting idle because I wanted a less perverted platform to post my thoughts at https://hbutz.blogspot.com/

I'm rattled but trying to hang tough. I've already locked myself out of my house once while taking out the garbage. If that's the worst thing to happen to me this month, I am grateful. Once we all get thru this, assuming I'm still here, I will get back on with life. Until then - be safe, be well.

https://hbutz.blogspot.com/

photomaster
Site Admin

Screw this

Post by photomaster »

ok... screw this. I've had my fill of bots and spammers. I mistakenly thought I could open a forum for intelligent discussion of anything and I just wind up deleting fucking bots and spam every morning. I've got better things to do with my day. There will be no user registrations to this forum, which will be used for announcements only... assuming there's anyone listening anymore.

For more up to date announcements, follow me on https://twitter.com/henrybutz and sometimes https://www.instagram.com/hbutzphotography/ but Instagram tends to flag my photography for promoting sex and I'm sick of wrestling with that bot as well.

** oh - hey, this does not mean to say that I do not value your opinion. Although spammers have destroyed this forum for free expression, if you feel the need to express a thought or ask a question just drop me a DM on social media. Same goes for if you find some technical inaccuracy... like when I said that Nikon doesn't make a film camera, they did at the time, but not anymore.